Techniques that can be done such as painting techniques or other techniques to produce a certain effect in a child's room, as following:
- Colourwashing techniques, applied by repeating the sweep of a thin layer of paint (by layering) are criss-crossed.
- Sponging technique, which is applied utilizing a sponge foam texture to create the effect of the spots.
- Ragging technique, which is similar to sponging technique but using a twisted cloth or plastic.
- Shading techniques, with a gradation of colors to paint the lighter color to a darker color.
- Spattering or splash technique, which is a technique to paint with a splash of paint by brush or brush. This technique can be replaced with a paintbrush or spray paint methods.
- Stencilling technique, namely the media stencil painting techniques with a particular pattern form.
- Mechanical stamping, stencilling technique similar to using a specific pattern as a mold paint.
- The technique of faux finishes, which is a technique used to paint the texture resembles a certain material, such as bamboo, wood, or marble.