Conditions different from the exterior walls of the interior walls. For exterior walls, layers of paint are applied usually many are experiencing problems such as paint color fading and moss. This is due to an exterior wall is directly exposed to sunlight and weather changes.
In order to paint the exterior walls remain durable, in addition to using good quality paint, you can also siasati with measures appropriate application.
Preparation for what should be done? We see the following:
- Make sure the wall is in good condition, clean of moss / fungus. If there is any mold or mildew, you should do the cleaning with sanding until completely clean. Because if not clean mildew and mold will grow back easily or rot that eventually lead to paint adhesion was not optimal.
- Do not use calcium plamir. Indeed plamir create the look of our walls to look very flat, but emerging risks in the future due to the use of plamir will lead to flaking and easily covered with mold / mildew. Therefore, use the addition of a mixture of glue Sintetic plamir the more so that the wall surfaces such as coated plastic (synthetic adhesive properties).
- It is recommended and strongly encouraged to provide a layer of primer. Use the product alkali resisting primer for the new wall and the product alkali resisting wall sealer for long.
- At the end of the paint application process (finishing coat), do not perform the initial painting with thick paint. Give the base paint layer with a thin layer only, it is intended to cover also paint the walls of pores, after the dried paint just done that over and over until the finish.
- In the paint brush or roller make a groove on the bottom instead of left and right side. Could use a pattern of "W" or "M", which ensures the entire surface was covered with a flat wall.
- Make sure you use the appropriate type of paint that is intended for exterior paint.