The drying of such a combination can be freely adjusted to be fast or slow. However the method of doing this depends on the composition. Without knowing the composition only the following recommendations can be given. Drying will b slowed by:
- a) using a weakly-reactive alkyd resin.
- b) substitution of a part of the alkyd resin by plasticizer.
- c) use of siccative mixture which is only weakly active (eg. no cobalt).
- d) having no low-boiling materials in the solvent mixture; on the contrary it should contain a high proportion of high-boiling materials.
- e) concurrent use of a soft resin such as carbamide resin or SAIB (sucrose acetate isobutyrate).